We provide our clients with quality, up-to-date tax preparation and planning for their individual and business tax returns.
We don’t just prepare tax returns, we look for ways to correctly report your income while minimizing your taxes. We closely monitor individual and business tax laws during the year to stay current on changes and opportunities. It’s never too early to start your planning strategies for the future.
New clients often ask us to review prior year’s returns. We are glad to review prior returns to explain the preparation or correct errors if needed.
Tax Planning in Plain English
There are several basic strategies and most plans involve one or more of these options:
- Deferring tax liability through certain investment choices and through pension plan contributions.
- Investing your money to produce income that is exempt from either federal or state income tax or both.
- Shifting deductions from one year to another to place them where the tax benefit will be greater.
- Shifting income from one year to another in order to have it fall where it will be taxed at a lower rate.
- Splitting income among family members or legal entities in order to get more of income taxed at a lower rate.
- Structuring your business affairs to obtain a tax deduction for things that you enjoy such as a new vehicle or computer.